Donegal’s photographers have captured some stunningly beautiful images of a breathtaking aurora borealis display last night (Thursday 27 February 2014).
Local photographers Sarah Sayers, Noel Keating and Rita Wilson posted photos on their respective Facebook pages showing what they managed to capture before the clouds moved in, much to the delight of their followers.
So how, exactly, does nature create the phenomenon we know as the Northern Lights?
Check out this infographic from www.space.com for the full low down.
To check out when conditions are likely to be most favourable for the next Aurora visit:
And if you need somewhere comfortable and affordable to stay while you’re chasing the Northern Lights our wooden pods are perfect at €50 per night, bedding and towels included. Plus we’re right on the coast, overlooking Sheephaven Bay.
Check availability and book your stay here
Alternatively call +353 (0) 74 9138400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to book your wooden pod stay at the Wild Atlantic Camp
- Select your arrival date from our booking calendar above by clicking on your preferred date.
- The availability and pricing details will then be displayed, allowing you to choose your duration of stay.
- To complete the booking process, enter your details, email address and contact telephone number.
- Once booking is complete, you will receive a confirmation email containing your booking receipt.
- Wild Atlantic Camp will also contact you to arrange payment of a deposit to secure your booking.